Mindful Parenting is a process of mental change, in which the ability of mindfulness is used as much as possible to raise children through deliberate self-awareness and unjudged ability to live in the present.
By integrating theories with practice, this workshop will help parents to create their own space apart from their busy life and self-consciousness. Parents will become aware of and be able to control their emotions, so as to create space for their child and to pay more attention to them. You will gradually think more clearly, fully engage with your child through observation and listening, and accept them without judging. The goal is to enjoy more of what it is an intimate parental and family relationship.
The fundamentals of mindful parenting lie in the awareness and empathy for both parents and their child. As parents, it is more important to build a good relationship with their child than to develop good parenting skills. Attachment between parents and their child is not to learn how to behave, but to seek a connection. The best gift that a parent can give their child is company. Mindful parenting helps parents to establish objectivity so as to separate a child’s nature from bad behavior; it is based on facts rather than individuals.
This series of program consists of seven modules, each for two hours, to teach about mindfulness, to help parents use mindfulness techniques in life to regulate self-emotions so as the parent-child relationships will be improved. Program includes lectures, mindfulness exercises, group discussions, and group dynamics to enhance self-awareness, deepen self-exploration, and create a support group for self-transformation.
Mindful Parenting Series Program - Parental Mental Transformation Workshop
Duration: 7x2 hours
Raising children is a journey of self-discovery and healing......
• We all want to establish a heart-to-heart emotional connection with our children, but it is always contrary to our wishes.
• We often do not distinguish between we and our children, seemingly intimate, in fact, is a kind of psychological kidnapping.
• Our negative emotions will hinder the communication with our children, destroy the harmony of parent-child relations.
• We should distinguish whose emotions and needs as early as possible and learn to be responsible for our own emotions and needs.
When we are upset, we always try to control our children's emotions and behaviors, but in fact, it is not the children's behavior that triggers our emotions but is bound by our own internal experience.
This program includes seven modules:
1.Mindfulness and Exploration-find your inner child
• The emotional baggage of the "past" can affect the present attitude of upbringing
• From the children's problems to see their own life issues
• Meet both strange and familiar self
• Learning to be their own good parents first
2. Mindfulness and Role Models-let your child know how you really feel
• Mirror neurons-the child is a replica of the parents
• Be a true and transparent parent
• Self-acceptance of the parents in order to really accept the child
• No matter how old the child can be the blessing of the parents
3.Mindfulness and Empathy-you can't give your child what you don’t have
• Without emotion, we're like strangers
• How to build emotional engagement with your children?
• How to cultivate children’s empathy?
• How to create an empathic family culture?
4. Mindfulness and Communication-enter the child’s spiritual world
• Help yourself communicate with your children with love
• Are you communicating with your children, or are you talking to your children?
• Being a child's emotional catcher-listening is the key
• Build a family of integrated communication
5. Mindfulness and Discipline-make your child appreciates the way of your discipline
• More unconditional love to respond to the needs of children
• Regulate the behavior of children on the basis of the boundaries of health
• Keep a window of choice and thinking for your child
• Make family rules that make the relationship between parents and children win-win
6. Mindfulness and Control-cultivate children to be independent individuals
• The Psychological motivation behind Cognitive Control
• Examine your behavior over your children
• Except for the colored vision of judging the child
• Becoming a child is his best style
7. Mindfulness and Gratitude – live in every present happiness
• Appreciate the brilliance of a child's life
• Gratitude is to help parents create emotional wealth with their children
• Gratitude is the scientific way to live a meaningful life
• Make happiness in the present of your life
Dr Carol Wang
Director, AITIA Family Learning Center
Dr. Carol Wang is a Taiwanese. She obtained her PhD degree of Clinical Psychology from East China Normal University, master & bachelor’s degree from University of Missouri. Carol became a certified China-licensed Counselor in 2007 and was joint certified as an intimate relationship trainer by Focus on Family (US) & China Social Work Association. She has lectured in various business enterprises and corporates, such as Bao Steel Corporate, Schneider, Eastman Chemical Company, TSMC, China Eastern Airline, Innotech Internet Group and McCain Food Company, etc.
Carol is now leading the program design and learning as the director of Family Learning Center by Octave Institute under IMC Corporate Group of Singapore.
She is a senior counselor of parent-child education and specialized in changing family relations, focuses on mindful parenting through increasing parents' self-awareness to enable growth. Carol is experienced in practicing EFT (Emotional Focus Therapy) which helps patients to cope with traumatic issues and practicing SFT (Solution Focused Therapy) to assist adolescents overcome behavioral problems. She uses mindfulness techniques to enhance individual and family relationships.
Carol has been interviewed by ICS Spotlight TV program on issues of Chinese families and Beijing Journal of Marriage and Family for a personal profile. With her 12 years of home-schooling experience and her professional psychology background, she has extensive experience in parenting and has been invited to deliver many parenting workshops and programs. Her articles have been published in several magazines such as Fashion Baby, Mommy Baby and Parents Online in a special column and many academic seminars and core periodicals at home and abroad.
She is a clinical member and the board secretary of SIMHA and has been an International EAP Instructor/Counselor of Workplace Options since 2015. Carol was invited by CEO Global as a guest lecturer in Shanghai Jiao-tong University, Fu-Dan University, Tong-Ji University, East China Normal University and Shanghai International Studies University. She used to be the chief psychological supervisor of Chang-Ning District Research Institute. Carol has a great passion and devotes herself to strengthen marriage and family to promote the nurturing of happy family and a harmonious society.